Recruitment/Branch Manager – Central London
Salary range £35-45K + commission + benefits
Full time permanent position
It’s an exciting time for Protocol, following a major re-brand and the launch of an ambitious plan we are excited to be able to recruit a new talented, driven and experienced manager to open and grow our London office.
With headquarters in Nottingham and offices dotted around the country, Protocol is in the midst of major expansion driven by significant business growth and market opportunity.
Protocol has been around for over 23 years delivering a full-service recruitment solution within the wide and varied education, training and skills sector. Working with 100’s of clients nationally including; further education colleges, training providers, end-point assessment organisations through to charities and local authorities – Protocol can offer the successful candidate a breadth of challenges and variety – making this an ideal role for someone really looking to make their mark.
This role is central to Protocol’s southern expansion plans – so experience, initiative, drive and passion for delivering quality and targets is a must. Being a new office, the post holder will also have the opportunity to on-board their own team, with immediate plans to recruit. With the support of an experienced and dedicated management team, Protocol is 100% committed to making a significant and swift impact across the south so you will not be alone in your efforts.
The ideal candidate will come from a solid recruitment background, with a proven track record of achieving targets while delivering quality processes. Experience of branch or desk management is key too, as is people management and business operations.
At Protocol we put a lot of emphasis on quality, consistency and doing things right – as the lead in the region the post holder will be responsible for adhering to and championing our brand values and ensuring a high quality of service.
Benefits and incentives
• Competitive salary dependent on experience (£35,000 – 45,000pa)
• Generous commission
• Full training and development schemes
• 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
• Company Social Events
• Non-contributory BUPA Health scheme
• Generous pension
- Leadership – ability to motivate and drive a team and lead by example
- Drive – have a strong desire to succeed in a competitive role
- Sales – the ability to effectively sell and market yourself and your candidates
- Charisma – the ability to build solid relationships with clients and candidates
- Communication skills – written and oral, the power of persuasion. Excellent telephone manner
- Self-motivated – the ability to keep going and pushing to achieve/exceed targets and KPI’s
- Organisation – the ability to multi-task with a high-volume workload
- Time Management –the ability to meet deadlines in a pressured environment.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a covering note stating why you feel you are suitable for the role.
To arranage an informal dicussion about the role, or if you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE