Here at Protocol, we know all about the importance of good people, we pride ourselves in ‘placing people first’ and have been doing so for 25 years now!
Our business is full of great people, and you may only interact with one or two in your work with us, but there is a whole army of support in the background from IT to Marketing and Compliance to Recruitment Consultants. We thought it was important for you to find out a bit more about the people that make up #TeamProtocol. In this series, you will find out a bit about the person behind the screen, or at the end of the phone.
To continue the Protocol Spotlight series, we would like to introduce you to David Beynon, Head of Senior Management Recruitment. David has been part of the Protocol Family for 17 years now, and is based at Head Office in Nottingham, but spends lots of time on the road! Here’s what we found out about David:
- What car do you drive?
BMW 3 series.
- What is your favourite food?
Has to be Indian – not too hot but I love a bit of spice.
- What is your favourite drink?
IPA or G&T.
- What is your favourite film, book or TV show?
Too many to mention although Casablanca, The Third Man, Ghostbusters and Field of Dreams are all up there.
- What is your dream holiday destination?
The Amalfi Coast, Italy.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I was very involved as Mini and Junior Chair of the local Rugby Club. I feel very proud to see that many of the juniors I worked with are now playing senior rugby. Watching Rugby and Cricket are my hobbies.
- Tell us a fun fact about yourself.
I have performed at the Royal Albert Hall – it was a sell out!
- What sports teams do you follow?
Notts County Cricket Club, England Cricket, Dronfield Rugby Club and the Welsh Rugby Team.
- What’s your dream car?
James Bond’s Aston Martin DB5.
- What’s your favourite song, band or artist?
I have a totally eclectic music taste – Manic Street Preachers to Masego, Arctic Monkeys to Aretha Franklin.
- What was your dream job as a child?
A History Teacher.
- What one skill or talent would you love to be able to master?
To dance well. I just let my wife Yvonne dance around me and it’s scary!
- What’s your favourite time of year?
Autumn – I love a dry sunny day when the leaves are changing colour.
- If you could time travel, what year would you go back, or forward to and why?
1963 Dallas on the day JFK was assassinated. I love a conspiracy theory. I would like to be standing on the grassy knoll to see what happened.
- And finally, why do you love working at Protocol?
I love supporting the FE sector and its incredible diversity. You get to go to some great College canteens as well!