Here at Protocol, we know all about the importance of good people, we pride ourselves in ‘placing people first’ and have been doing so for 25 years now!
Our business is full of great people, and you may only interact with one or two in your work with us, but there is a whole army of support in the background from IT to Marketing and Compliance to Recruitment Consultants. We thought it was important for you to find out a bit more about the people that make up #TeamProtocol. In this series, you will find out a bit about the person behind the screen, or at the end of the phone.
To continue the Protocol Spotlight series, we would like to introduce you to Jack Grice, Recruitment Consultant for our South Team. Jack has been part of the Protocol Family since May 2019, and is based at Head Office in Nottingham. Here’s what we found out about Jack:
- What car do you drive?
My two feet, or my longboard when the sun returns. I’ll be continuing learning to drive, when lockdown lifts.
- What is your favourite food?
Without a doubt it is Dim Sum, not just the food but the culture behind it and family ethos.
- What is your favourite drink?
Good old H2O.
- What is your favourite film, book or TV show?
Lord of the Rings, love the books and the films. Really hopeful the show isn’t a complete flop. Don’t speak to me about The Hobbit, awful.
- What is your dream holiday destination?
Peru for somewhere hot, or Norway for somewhere cold.
- Do you have any hobbies?
It’s an endless list, my main hobbies are competitive gaming, playing guitar and music production.
- Tell us a fun fact about yourself.
My face is forever built into the Milton Keynes Dons football stadium.
- Do you have any hidden talents?
Not very exciting but I have a strong muscle memory.
- What sports teams do you follow?
Keeping to my roots, Liverpool, YNWA! – But I don’t really follow much these days.
- What’s your dream car?
Ford Mustang 1967 or a Datsun 240z.
- What’s your favourite song, band or artist?
Too many to list but I’ll have to give the title to King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard.
- What was your dream job as a child?
I wanted to be a Vet.
- What one skill or talent would you love to be able to master?
Guitar, it just never ends!
- What’s your favourite time of year?
- If you could time travel, what year would you go back, or forward to and why?
I’d go forward to the year 3000, I hear not much has changed but they live under water?? Sounds pretty crazy to me.
- Do you have any pets?
I have many house plants if that counts? I love seeing the dog when I go home, Elvis the Chihuahua.
- And finally, why do you love working at Protocol?
I love my team the most, they always make me laugh and pick me up when I’m down or frustrated. We get a good balance at Protocol between hard work and having a bit of fun, it’s great!