Here at Protocol, we know all about the importance of good people, we pride ourselves in ‘placing people first’ and have been doing so for 25 years now!
Our business is full of great people, and you may only interact with one or two in your work with us, but there is a whole army of support in the background from IT to Marketing and Compliance to Recruitment Consultants. We thought it was important for you to find out a bit more about the people that make up #TeamProtocol. In this series, you will find out a bit about the person behind the screen, or at the end of the phone.
To continue the Protocol Spotlight series, we would like to introduce you to Vanessa Rhodes, HR & Partnerships. Here’s what we found out about Vanessa:
- What car do you drive?
- What is your favourite food?
- What is your favourite drink?
Tea and white wine, but not together!
- What is your favourite film, book or TV show?
Favourite TV show of all time is Friends! I still watch episodes on Comedy Central and they always make me smile.
- What is your dream holiday destination?
- Do you have any hobbies?
I enjoy walking my two dogs and I’ve recently taken up yoga!
- Tell us a fun fact about yourself.
I sang with a live band on my 50th birthday.
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- What sports teams do you follow?
Mercedes F1 and the Welsh Rugby team.
- What is your dream car?
I don’t really have a dream car – I really like my current car though!
- What’s your favourite song, band or artist?
I have a lot of favourite songs it’s hard to pick one, but if I had to choose… it’s ‘September’ by Earth Wind and Fire. It’s the month I was born too!
- What was your dream job as a child?
I wanted to be a TV presenter!
- What one skill or talent would you love to be able to master?
I’d love to be able to design and make clothes. My Nana was a dressmaker and her house was always full of her dressmaking, I used to love watching her at work.
- What’s your favourite time of year?
- If you could time travel, what year would you go back, or forward to and why?
I’d travel back to the 60’s because it was a great decade for fashion and a great vibe!
- Do you have any pets?
Two dogs, a cat and a goldfish.
- And finally, why do you love working at Protocol?
I love working for Protocol because everyone in the team is fully committed to supporting our clients and placing people first. Everyone is engaged and supports each other very well. We are one big team and we celebrate success.