Do you want to be part of an established market-leading brand that prides itself on its high-performance team culture?
Protocol are proud that, despite the pandemic, we have continued to grow at pace and are now looking to add new team members to our business. So, if you would like to be part of our growth journey whilst developing your own career, then this job could be for you.
We have over 26 years’ experience solely servicing the Education, Skills, Training & Employability sectors and really understand recruitment. Our expertise, passion and specialist consultants have made us the first-choice supplier to many institutions across the UK.
We pride ourselves on delivering excellent recruitment services across both academic and non-academic roles. We recruit at every level in an organisation, from Chief Executive to support staff, temporary, sessional and interim contracts, to permanent appointments. Dedicated teams work on named accounts; with specialist teams working with independent training providers, colleges and universities.
To act as a key support to the Management Accountant, by assisting with significant proportions of the monthly management reporting, to produce high quality and reliable information. Create accurate and dependable reports including the Weekly Sales Report and Weekly Booking Analysis. Manage the Sales and Purchase Ledger procedures.
Assistant Management Accountant responsibilities:
- Assist with all relevant month end close procedures including balance sheet and revenue reconciliations, along with GL journals (including accruals, prepayments, deferred income/expenditure, depreciation, intercompany).
- Purchase Ledger Management – Overhead Analysis, Payment Runs, giving support to the Trainee Finance Assistant with invoice posting.
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset Register and Prepayment schedule.
- Support additional reporting activities including, financial modelling and analysis.
Assistant Management Accountant skills and experience
- Experience of working in a Recruitment and Employment Business or other professional service and or experience of Education, Skills and Training is highly desirable
- Prior history of process improvements is beneficially
- Previous experience of a Exchequer is desirable
- Prior use of MS Access would be advantageous
- AAT Qualified and/or early stages of ACCA/CIMA – qualified by experience will be considered.
- 1 years’ experience in assisting the production of management accounts and associated schedules.
- Possess and be able to demonstrate strong MS Excel Skills.
- Analytical and logical in approach with strong attention to detail, including the ability to analyse data and formulate action plans.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to confidently influence others and explain decisions, actions, and financial matters simply and clearly.
- A hands on individual, who has a proven ability to consistently deliver under pressure and is able to meet tight deadlines and manage their own time and workload effectively.
The office is bright, vibrant and buzzing. Located in the lovely town of West Bridgford, you are only a short walk away from the River Trent, shops, cafes and restaurants where some of the team like to spend their lunch breaks. There are also excellent transport links into Nottingham City Centre.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday + your birthday off
- Company Pension
- Cash Bupa scheme
- Structured training and development
- Fridge Friday
- Vibrant and buzzing office and facilities
- State of the art software and systems
- Group outings, prizes & events – from celebration meals, sporting events to weekends away
- Excellent team culture
Does this sound like it could be the job for you?
For more information about this role, please download the information pack!
Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please email Simon May, Management Accountant at email@example.com or Brittany Jackson, Finance Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: West Bridgford, Nottingham
Salary: £26k-£30k per annum (depending on experience)
Posted date: 26/11/2021
Closing Date: TBC