London is changing. The Economy is changing and so are we!
Barnet and Southgate College is a large further education college with an annual turnover of c£40m, 14,000 students and 730 staff across six sites. We are seeking a Director of Finance to lead and shape an established finance team and to be part of the next exciting stage of the College’s journey.
You will be an ambitious CCAB-qualified Accountant, looking for an opportunity to shape and grow a brand-new role with support from the new Executive Director of Corporate Services. This is a hands on role and you will be responsible for all finance functions, systems, reporting, policy and strategy ensuring continuous improvement and ongoing efficiencies.
You may already be an established Finance Director, or an aspirational Financial Controller/Manager looking for the next step, but either way we expect you to have had experience in the Education and Skills sector.
In return, we offer a progressive market rate salary package, a supportive executive team, and experienced staff who all share our pride and commitment to the College and its community.
The leadership and board at Barnet and Southgate College aim to ensure that they meet the needs of the community and the employers and are flexible in the provision they offer. We are ambitious for students and for their employability prospects and this is reflected in our mission statement, vision and in the impact we aim to make on the regional economy.
- Barnet and Southgate is a large General Further Education College delivering an extensive range of courses and qualifications to a very wide group of stakeholders.
- With over 40,000 square metres of space, the College is extremely well placed to meet the needs of learners and employers. Public Transport links are excellent with nearby tube stations and a range of good bus routes.
- The college remains in a strong financial position and has a financial health score of ‘Good’ as confirmed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency.
The current Strategic Plan has a clear focus on the following themes:
- Quality and Standards
- Jobs and Progression
- Innovation and Inspiration
The College’s vision and mission are backed up with a set of values developed with staff and used as a template to guide behaviours and actions:
- Learner at the centre
- Continuous Learning and Improvement
- Challenging the norm
- Equality and Inclusiveness
London is changing. The Economy is changing. So are we.
To be the most innovative, inspirational and employment focused learning organisation in the education sector. We provide outstanding learning and employment related opportunities within every market we operate and to offer the highest level of expertise and knowledge which will enrich the personal and professional lives of our customers. The benefits include widening participation, tackling social exclusion, links with employers, industry and commerce and links with the London Economic Action Partnership (formerly the LEP).
For an informal discussion about this role please contact David Beynon (07970 042334) or Chloe Skillington (0115 977 5531)
If you wish to apply for this position, then please email the following documents to email@example.com with the subject heading of “Finance Director”. Protocol will send an acknowledgement of receipt via email to all applicants within 24 hours.
Please ensure your email includes all 3 documents necessary for your application to be considered:
An up-to-date CV which includes:
- your full postal and email addresses and your telephone contact details.
- 2 referees (preferably your current employer or failing that, a previous employer) who can be approached during the selection process. Please include telephone numbers, full postal and email addresses of both referees. We will always contact you before taking up references.
A covering letter:
- This should explain your motivation for applying and respond to the knowledge, experience skills and personal attributes elements of the person specification.
- This should be a maximum of 2 sides of A4 and should not reiterate your CV.
- Please include your current salary and notice period
The Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
- This is a word format document with check boxes. Please click on each check box that applies to you. NB: This form is located below candidate pack on the FEA jobs page for this role and is accessible once you have entered your details in the registration form of the How to Apply section).
- Save this as a pdf document.
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday 27th June at 12pm
Interview: Wednesday 10th July 2019
Organisation: Barnet and Southgate College
Location: North London
Salary: Up to £75,000 based on experience and previous performance
Posted date: 13/06/2019
Closing date: 27/06/2019