Macclesfield College has an innovative vision in delivering high quality education to a wide range of learners.
This is a hands-on role which involves working as a member of a vocational team. The Technician provides effective technical support for tutors and students, ensuring that the construction team in Bricklaying, Electrical and Carpentry provision operates to a consistently high standard. The role includes the maintenance of equipment and practical facilities, the day to day maintenance of workshop equipment and tools, monitoring stores and stock control.
- To carry out routine and annual maintenance to workshop facilities including all equipment
- To monitor and assist students who are conducting practical activities.
- To set up demonstration resources and ensure that they will work satisfactorily. This will include the preparation of equipment, tools, tests and experiments.
- The clean and prepare training equipment and tools used by teaching staff and students.
- To ensure the efficient operating systems for stocking, storing and distributing all consumables used in the Department.
- To inspect, maintain and assist in the correct use of safety equipment
- To take personal and professional responsibility for keeping up-to-date in the subject area.
- Attend meetings as required and support the Faculty in the monitoring and control of consumable and capital equipment.
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore, on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
For further details contact Human Resources on 01625 410007, or email email@example.com
To apply, please visit the Macclesfield College Website and download the relevant forms.
Organisation: Macclesfield College
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Salary: £19,835 per annum
Posted date: 22/07/2021
Closing Date: 08/08/2021