Are you ready to inspire excellence in the delivery of our curriculum for the people of Glasgow and beyond?
Glasgow Clyde College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in Scotland, supporting the diverse needs of communities in Glasgow and beyond through our pioneering approaches and award-winning initiatives.
Our College is a great place to work and learn with its culture firmly anchored in our shared values which are People-centred, Pioneering, Principled and Passionate. We are proud of our thriving, inclusive and welcoming environment and are fully committed to realising our Mission of ‘Inspirational Learning, Changing Lives’.
Operating from three campuses in the heart of the communities we serve, Glasgow Clyde College employs 1,150 members of staff, has an operating turnover of £50m and annually recruits 17,000 students.
The College aims to be at the forefront of Glasgow’s social and economic recovery with a portfolio of provision and delivery modalities which meet and exceed the needs of our students and customers. The newly titled role of Deputy Principal Curriculum and Quality Enhancement will be pivotal to the ongoing success of the College and will succeed the current postholder who will retire in summer 2021.
The successful candidate will work with our Board of Management and Senior Leadership Team to complement this on-going transformation. The role will provide both strategic and day to day leadership of the College, work to ensure that the curriculum offer and development processes support the needs of our students, communities, and economy.
By 2025 Glasgow Clyde College will be celebrated as a socially progressive college which is relentlessly focused on improving the prosperity of the communities it serves.
The College will be acknowledged for its unrivalled ‘career ready’ students, employment focused curriculum, pioneering approaches, financial resilience and members of staff who are passionate in their pursuit of excellence.
Glasgow Clyde College will be the partner of choice for employers, the employer of choice for members of staff and the College of choice for our communities.
- People-centred – We are unwavering in our expectation that we conduct ourselves in a manner which is open, respectful and with uppermost integrity. The needs and interests of our students, colleagues and stakeholders will be at the forefront of all decision-making.
- Pioneering – We are restless in our desire to be innovative, ambitious, forward thinking and courageous in the pursuit of creating an unrivalled inspirational learning experience and work environment.
- Principled – We are determined to ensure that fairness, equality and inclusivity are embedded into the heart of the College and guide everything we do.
- Passionate – We are relentless and tenacious in our ambition to inspire students and colleagues to achieve their potential, change their lives and support them to overcome the barriers to doing so.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Ian Sackree (07795 271559) or David Beynon (07970 042334).
If you wish to apply for this position, then please:
Complete the following documents and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading of “Deputy Principal, Curriculum & Quality Enhancement”.
- An up to date CV
- A Cover Letter. Please explain your motivation for applying and what you will bring to the role. (NB – no more than 3 sides of A4, font 11, Arial)
- An Additional Information Form
- An Equality and Diversity Form
Protocol will send an acknowledgement of receipt via email to all applicants within 24 hours. If you do not receive an acknowledgement, then please call David Beynon on 07970 042334.
Please provide the names, addresses and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. We expect to take up references for candidates who have been shortlisted unless you tell us otherwise.
Conversations can be arranged with the Principal & Chief Executive. If you wish to take up this offer, please contact David from Protocol to arrange.
Closing date: Sunday 25th April 2021
Discussions with Protocol: Week of 26th April 2021
Assessment Centre: Day 1 – Monday 17th May (virtual) Day 2 – Thursday 20th May (face-to-face)
Organisation: Glasgow Clyde College
Salary: up to £96k plus benefits + contribution to relocation expenses
Posted date: 26/03/2021
Closing Date: 25/04/2021