Do you believe offenders deserve a second chance? Do you have a passion for teaching with plenty of drive to inspire those with difficult behaviour? Are you ready for you next challenge in Further Education?
Protocol works with one of the largest Offender Learning providers in England to find exceptional trainers, tutors and lecturers that have the determination, patience and compassion to work with those looking for a chance to turn their lives around and gain the skills they need to build a better future for themselves.
Each prison has its own purpose built OFSTED registered education department, boasting with both fully equipped classrooms for academic subjects and custom assembled workshops for vocational courses. All subjects delivered are fully accredited with a view to the learners gaining recognised qualifications.
We are looking for a qualified Brickwork Lecturer to work on a full time temp basis at HMP Highdown.
We are keen to hear from candidates that use innovative techniques to motivate and inspire learners.
To be suitable for this role, candidates must meet the following criteria;
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification.
- Hold a relevant Brickwork qualification
- Have good organisational and planning skills.
- Plenty of enthusiasm and the ability to motivate learners.
- Willingness to provide outstanding support for learners
- Extensive knowledge of your subject area.
- Be flexible and self-motivated with a dedication to learner achievement and quality.
In return we can offer you the following:
- Flexibility to take holidays throughout the year without the usual term time restriction
- Down time within the prison for planning (no marking is completed at home)
- Education runs all year and not termly so there is increased earning potential for sessional and on-going staff
- Opportunities for continuing professional development (CPD)
- Small manageable class sizes on average of between 7 and 12 learners
- Education for learners is a privilege; those who take it for granted lose the right
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.