Protocol are pleased to a present a fantastic opportunity at a FE College based in Greater Manchester.
We are looking to recruit a full-time caretaker/Site Co-ordinator to start as soon as possible for an ongoing basis, for the right candidate you have the potential to earn over time due to call outs and if you are right for the job you could be considered for the permanent post.
The role is for 37 hours per week on a shift basis. This could sometimes mean split shifts as and when required.
- To assist in promoting a safe, secure and pleasant working environment by undertaking key-holding, maintenance and porterage duties
- Liaising with staff, students, contractors and external visitors
- To secure the premises and its contents including the operation of fire, intruder and other alarm systems
- Check and sign off work of contractors once completed
- To set up areas for open evenings, exams, interviews, staff meetings etc
- To carry out routine maintenance
- Respond promptly to requests for work and prioritise tasks
The person & qualifications
- Previous caretaker/estates experience within a college or university
- A health & safety qualification is desirable
- To ability to work shifts (some of which could be split shifts)
- Access to own transport
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.