We at Protocol are recruiting for a fantastic specialist school on the Island of Guernsey. We are looking for a dynamic and vastly experienced English Lecturer with SEN experience to join their team for the first term of the Academic Year 2019.
This School is a specialist educational provision for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties, many of whom have involvement from other agencies, such as Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), Social Services and the Child, Youth and Community Tribunal. The successful candidate will be required to teach English at KS3 and KS4 up to GCSE.
- The aim is to ensure that as a school the needs of students with SEBD are met and they have opportunities commensurate with their peers
Applicants should have an understanding of strategies and systems which promote successful learning and positive behaviour. They should have a strong empathy with children and young people and a desire to meet their needs
- To plan, prepare and teach courses and develop schemes of work for English in accordance with the school policy
- To implement the Bailiwick of Guernsey Curriculum Statement which is based on the National Curriculum (England)
- To teach at KS3 and KS4 up to GCSE to fully prepare students for external examinations; to contribute to the development, implementation and review of policies and schemes of work; to monitor and assess the achievement of students, and to record and report the development, progress and attainment of students in accordance with the school’s assessment policies and in line with the principles of Assessment for Learning
Applicants should be confident in the use of target setting, monitoring and assessment procedures that are an integral part of a professional approach to behaviour management. An understanding and awareness of personal and social skills work is also desirable.
- The organisational arrangement for teaching may vary but will generally be in small group settings supported by a Teaching Assistant. All teachers are required to undertake the role of pastoral tutor for a group of named students
The person & qualifications
- A suitable teaching qualification
- Substantial experience of working with children who have presented with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties (which may include that undertaken in a voluntary capacity) and a willingness to work with students of all ages and abilities
- Experience, understanding and skills relevant to the specific responsibilities of the post
- Experience and evidence of delivering excellent outcomes for all learners
- An ability to demonstrate recent effective strategies to achieve high quality teaching and learning
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Minimum level 3 qualification in English
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.