We at Protocol are partnered with a well-established and expanding creative industry training provider in the East London area to recruit a Self Development Teacher to join their warm and friendly team. This Training provider prides themselves on delivering positive outcomes for learners and delivering high quality training and industry experiences. This provider work with over 100 employers within their industry as well as great links within industry.
We are keen to hear from individuals who can evidence of outstanding practice working with 14-19 year old learners in a city environment.
- Work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Full delivery of the in-house Self Development course
- Champion the organisational values of respect, resilience, integrity, independence and kindness, and ensure they are at the heart of the self-development programme
- Identify emerging trends, developments and research that are relevant to the self-development of young people and ensure all relevant topics are covered
- Where external expertise is required, research and engage with specialists to ensure that learners have the best available information and support
- Work with the student services manager to create an exciting and relevant scheme of work so every class has at least one outstanding session a week
- Build on and develop existing resources to ensure continuing relevance to the lives of young people
- Ensure the programme is skillfully differentiated and tailored to meet the specific needs of each group
- Ensure learners are able to develop their skills at an appropriate level
- Work with the vocational tutor team to embed the principles of the student self-development curriculum into the learners’ studies
- Complete referrals to internal and external support as and when required
The person & qualifications
- Teaching qualification is desired
- Passionate about the opportunities afforded by wellbeing education to positively influence the lives of our learners
- A positive role model who leads by example and models the organisational values in their everyday life and work
- Confident and assertive with excellent leadership skills
- Ability to inspire, challenge and lead young people
- Great team player and able to work on own initiative as required
- Able to relate to, and develop relationships with, young people
- A common sense approach and a range of life experiences
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.