Protocol are currently working alongside a well- esteemed college to recruit a English Lecturer to deliver Functional skills and GCSE English on a full time permanent basis. This position is based in West London and is crucial in supporting the learners with their development and progress onto higher courses or the workplace. This position will require you to preferably possess a degree in English or a related subject area, and will either possess an advanced level teaching qualification
- The main purpose of the job is to teach English, GCSE and /or Functional Skills, to students from a range of curriculum areas and to maximise their success.
- Carry out student inductions and contribute to the design of induction programmes.
- Assess students’ progress regularly including the timely marking of work and giving feedback, both written and oral.
The person & qualifications
- Must have experience delivering Functional skills and GCSE English courses.
- Must be able to engage and enthuse 16 to 18 year olds from a variety of vocational disciplines.
- Must have a relevant teaching qualification
- ideally should have a degree in English or a related subject area.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.