We are working with a Further Education College based in Lancashire to recruit for an experienced Carpentry & Joinery Assessor.
The college delivers quality education, training, employability and work-based learning solutions to thousands of organisations and learners. Working within the apprenticeship team, you would be required to travel to workplaces to assess apprentices up to level 2.
This is a full time, permanent position, starting in August 2019
- Plan, prepare and deliver high quality training to groups of apprentices
- Visit employers to discuss training needs
- Carry out learner inductions
- Complete reviews and monitor all elements of the apprenticeship/qualification framework
- Be responsible for the assessment of learners in the workplace
- Manage your own diary
The person & qualifications
- An assessing qualification
- A verifying qualification or the willingness to work towards one
- Relevant industry qualification at level 3 or above
- Previous assessing experience
- Experience of working with apprentices in the workplace
- Own transport or the ability to visit sites across the county
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.