We are delighted to be working with an education provider in Northwest London to appoint a Head of School (Science, IT and Media).
The successful candidate will lead the three teams of Science, ICT and Media. You will lead a team of two Section Managers (one in each of Science and ICT), one Course Team Leader in ICT and Media and teams of full and part-time Lecturers. You will be responsible for the full range of provision on full and part time courses, including managing the quality of the provision and maintaining its high qualification achievement rates.
- The main purpose of the job is to maximise student recruitment, retention and achievement.
- To line manage members of staff organised in curriculum teams who design, deliver and develop a portfolio of courses with the three curriculum teams of Science, IT and Media.
- To be responsible for developing and maintaining links with employers in their sector to support work related training.
The person & qualifications
- Degree in a related subject.
- An advanced level teaching qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience in Further Education.
- A skilled practitioner in teaching and learning.
- Up to date knowledge of curriculum developments and recent initiatives in Science, IT and Media.
- Successful experience of managing a team.
For more information please contact Matt on 0115 911 1136 or email@example.com
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.