Protocol are currently recruiting for a Wood Occupations Assessor/Trainer to join a fantastic college within Essex. The college includes state of the art workshops and equipment, a £6m STEM Innovation centre and a £10m STEM Centre. Both of these Centres support innovative teaching in a range of subjects including engineering, manufacturing, construction, and digital technologies.
Annual salary up to £29,000 pro rata, permanent, part-time.
- To train and assess candidates within a workshop environment, predominantly across college campuses but could be within industry
- To oversee / carry out live practical projects both within the college or other establishments maintaining a high quality of work in accordance to statutory requirements
- To ensure that workshops are maintained in a safe, operational condition
- To ensure that all teaching and learning related materials are prepared in a timely manner and appropriate stock levels are maintained
- To work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to meet the learning needs of students
The person & qualifications
- Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in a Wood occupations trade / discipline
- A recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to obtain a Level 3 award in Education and Training
- Assessor award (or willingness to achieve whilst in post)
- Significant industrial experience in a wood trades discipline
- Evidence of C.P.D
- GCSE’s in English and Maths at level 9-4 or equivalent
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.