Protocol are delighted to be working with Warwickshire College Group to appoint their Corporate Services Director – MIS & Finance.
The role of Corporate Services Director – MIS & Finance is a newly created position at WCG and has overall responsibility for the MIS and Finance functions. Reporting into the CFO and with the support of four functional Heads in the areas of MIS, Funding & Compliance, Finance and Management Accounts, the postholder will ensure the continuing funding compliance and financial health of the college.
The postholder will lead on managing all of the funding, financial and commercial elements of the college and be responsible for the design and implementation of appropriate funding and financial compliance policies, procedures and systems to meet the changing needs of the college and the FE/HE/International sectors.
- To participate in the strategic business planning process, leading on funding and financial aspects
- To further develop systems to provide effective, timely, accessible and succinct management information, whilst ensuring robust financial systems and controls are in place, so that effective planning, forecasting and investment management is embedded across the business.
- To be responsible for the consolidation of all financial information, production of statutory and regulatory accounts ensuring corporate and regulatory compliance and governance best practice.
- Strategic management of the Management Information System (MIS) teams, delivering accurate and timely ILR returns and compliant funding claims and wider management reporting throughout the student journey
- Strategic management of the Funding/Exams/Admissions/Timetabling and Finance teams.
- Play an active role in the business planning cycle, system set-up, interaction with other corporate functions, alignment with strategic priorities and ensuring funding allocations are delivered to target;
- Oversee the Examinations/Admissions/Timetabling team, ensure planning for the Examinations cycle, and streamlining of processes;
- Support admission and enrolment processes and take advantage of technological improvements to improve the customer journey and deliver efficiencies;
The person & qualifications
A highly strategic operator with a proven track record of success in a senior role in an organisation of significant scale and complexity
Significant experience of working within and managing a MIS function and knowledge of funding rules for FE and HE provision
Proven track record of success in working with multiple funding sources and previous experience of delivering innovation solutions and continuous improvement across finance and the wider organisation.
Detailed understanding of financial systems, associated processes and governance structures to inform financial planning and analysis to better support strategic decision making and aid forecasting.
An appreciation of the skill development and training sectors and diverse funding methodologies.
For the full job description, more information or an informal discussion please contact Emily on 0115 911 1123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.