A fantastic opportunity is available for a Curriculum Manager – SLDD Pathways based in the West Midlands area.
This is a permanent full time position to start in September 2019.
This job, will offer the right candidate a superb opportunity, offering huge amounts of job satisfaction with the ability to enjoy many benefits.
- Leading and developing the Futures curriculum area, focusing on ensuring outstanding teaching, learning and assessment for all students.
- To support the managerial and academic leadership for the school, focusing on the quality of the learner journey and the development of excellence in teaching and learning.
- To provide operational direction and support for the programme of study to include quality of provision, success and retention rates. To ensure a team approach to developing and improving the programme.
- To plan flexible and challenging provision that meets the needs of the client group.
- To work with relevant departments in the college to review the information within the EHCP and other relevant documentation in order to plan programmes that meet individual needs
- To work with key members of the additional learning support team in order to plan provision within the legal time frames set out within the SEND code of practice.
The person & qualifications
- Hold a degree or level 5 qualification
- Hold a PGCE/Certificate in Education
- Post graduate qualification in SEND/SLDD
- Thorough and demonstrable understanding of the curriculum area, including progression opportunities and scope for extending inclusivity.
- Up to date knowledge of the Common Inspection Framework.
- Ability to implement curriculum/quality improvement strategies.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data and take remedial action where appropriate.
- Experience of managing change and culture via effective target setting and reviews ensuring embedding of best practice
- A record of excellence in teaching and learning within the relevant curriculum area.
- Able to use IT and interrogate cross college IS systems to monitor data and KPIs
- Experience of meeting/exceeding IV/EV requirements for awarding bodies
- To coordinate the work of teaching staff and ensure a standardised approach to curriculum coordination.
For a full job description or informal discussion please contact Emily on 0115 911 123 or email@example.com.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.