We at Protocol are partnered with an established FE college group in the Surrey are to recruit a full-time member of staff for the New Academic Year. With more and more students aspiring to enter the construction trades each year this college are seeking a Multi-Skills Lecturer to join their friendly team in September. You will not only be given the creative freedom to inspire and teach earners in state of the art facilities, this college group offers many additional benefits to their permanent members of staff.
This college group are committed to achieving excellence for all their students and delivering inspirational teaching. Their student success is strengthened by the continual growth of all college members of staff.
- To plan learning programmes for groups of students, and to guide them through the learning process (target setting, action planning, review, progression).
- To deliver learning, and plan and undertake assessment on an agreed range of programmes, using an appropriate range of learning methods and activities, including new technologies. In this role to prepare appropriate essential documents including: Assessment plans, Schemes of work, Lesson plans, Teaching & learning materials, Individual learning plans, Assignments
- To act as a personal tutor.
- To promote high attendance to College targets & follow up non-attenders as directed by Head of Department or Programme Manager
- To maintain accurate records of students’ retention, achievement and attendance using e-registers, and provide reports on student progress as required, using electronic ILPs.
- To participate in team meetings and contribute to planning, development and review activities, including course review, self-assessment and other College procedures.
- To undertake data checks as directed by Heads of Department.
- To provide outstanding learning experience to students, maximising and showcasing of the use of ILT.
- To act as Course/Subject Leader if required.
- To act as Internal Verifier if required.
- For students requiring Additional Learning Support, to devise/update Individual Learning Plans, including (where appropriate) identifying learning activities to be carried out by a Learning Support Assistant; and to make arrangements with the LSA for continual monitoring of progress and up-dating of the Individual Learning Plans.
- To contribute to Open Evenings, parents’ evenings and similar events as required.
- To contribute to the process of student recruitment and enrolment in conjunction with the Central Admissions Units, following completion of appropriate training in advice and guidance.
- To work co-operatively with staff and teams in other areas of the college in order to ensure an effective service to students.
The person & qualifications
- Relevant degree or equivalent industrial or professional qualification
- Be qualified to deliver Multi Skills subjects up to level 2
- Hold relevant industry experience in Multi Trades
- Hold a minimum level 5 teaching qualification or be working towards
- Ideally hold an IQA qualification
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.