Protocol are currently recruiting for a Apprenticeship Tutor/Assessor in Plumbing & Heating in Hertfordshire!
It is a very successful, vibrant college that is often praised for its positive and welcoming ethos and good student behaviour, and inspires all their learners to fulfil their dreams and ambitions. Our client delivers high quality vocational training to 14-16 year olds, 16-19 year olds, adults and higher education courses from two sites.
The College’s students are at the heart of what they do and their priority is to prepare all their learners for their future. Graded as ‘Good’ with some outstanding features by Ofsted, a fantastic 95% of students go on to further education or employment. Home based – Hertfordshire, we are looking for an outstanding generic apprenticeship assessor/tutor to join the team and help learners succeed. You will have a passion for training and skills and you will plan and deliver a range of programmes including short courses, full qualifications and apprenticeships.
- You will participate in the planning and delivery of a range of programmes within the work based learning qualifications including short courses, full qualifications and apprenticeships.
The person & qualifications
- Someone who has the passion and necessary skills to observe learners and/or apprentices in their workplace, providing support and guidance to enable them to gain the required qualifications
- The experience to know when and how to make interventions to ensure that learner progress is successful and sustainable
- Ability to coach learners High ethical and professional standards with the ability to engage effectively with internal and external clients An ability to identify commercial opportunities that increase income
- Relevant occupational competence through qualifications and/or job experience are essential.
- GCSE A*-C or equivalent in maths and English Academic and / or career background in business administration, customer service or accounting sector Assessment and verification qualifications are desirable
- An understanding of safeguarding, equality and diversity, health and safety and child protection legislation as it impacts on learning
- A strong team player who engages in team communications to ensure that all elements of student progress are effectively monitored and co-ordinated by the team
- Organised flexible individual who prioritises tasks and manages their time efficiently.
- Knowledge or experience of Microsoft Office suite, online portfolio systems and accounting or financial sector desirable Hold, or work towards, the Award in Education and Training (AET)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit…
If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for a DBS Certificate should you not already hold a valid certificate. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.
If you don’t want to hear from us anymore? Login to your account to manage your preferences