Protocol are working with a leading FE College based in the West London Area. It is a very well established College graded as “Outstanding” by Ofsted. The College’s students are at the heart of what they do and their priority is to prepare all their learners for their future. The current staff and facilities ensure that they provide an excellent learning experience to students to help them reach their full potential. . Last year over 800 students from the A’Level and Vocational Courses ran went on to study at Universities.
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity to join them on a temporary basis as a Student Progression Advisor starting in September until 12th July 2020. You will support the academic success of individual students by providing personal support through: regular guidance; tracking and target setting; referral to other support services as appropriate; contributing to student progression and career plans; contributing to the development of the skills, knowledge and attributes needed for work and life as an effective citizen. A key focus of this role is to provide individual support via one-to-one interviews. Additionally you will lead on providing core elements of the college employability agenda and support students in achieving the Harrow College Student Attributes. Our client is looking to interview immediately and is offering an hourly rate of between £11- £12.50 per hour plus holiday pay.
- Implement the tutorial policy and deliver a tutorial curriculum to groups of students so they are actively involved and maintain good punctuality, attendance and behaviour.
- Implement core aspects of the college Employability Agenda
- Inspire students to achieve their best in line with the Harrow College Student Attributes and the harrow College Gold-Standards.
- Undertake an agreed number of individual one to one interviews with a focus on target setting for academic success. These to be recorded on the college Individual Learning Plans on ProMonitor.
- Provide pastoral support for designated groups of students and ensure appropriate cross college support where necessary. Record activity on ProMonitor.
- Work closely with target students, their parents/carers and colleagues to ensure the students maintain good punctuality, attendance and behaviour on all aspects of their learning programme and meet assignment and other work deadlines.
- Maintain effective and detailed individual records for each tutee.
- Ensure students have undergone appropriate initial and diagnostic assessments and are receiving appropriate learning and learner support.
- Assist in the personal and social development of students by providing appropriate guidance and support, help with time management and organisation of their studies
- Help develop tutorial resource materials for major curriculum pathways.
- Meet regularly with your Curriculum Area line-manager and with the to ensure that the tutorial policy is implemented consistently across the college Student Progression Advisor Quality Lead.
- Participate in a community of practice group (COP) with other designated SPAs to develop good practice and explore other issues of concern.
- Contribute to the UCAS process and other careers education work as required.
- Support the Student Progression Advisor Quality Lead in collecting and recording statistical data and other impact evidence for the work of SPAs.
- Deal sensitively with confidential information. Understand and actively implement the college safeguarding and Prevent policies.
- Adhere and comply with the college financial regulations.
- Promote a positive image of the college in all contact with students, employers and professional bodies.
- Undertake various responsibilities that may be required from time to time, including parents’ evenings, open days and enrolment duties when required.
- Carry out any other reasonably comparable duties that may be required from time to time.
- To contribute to the management of learners throughout the College.
- To participate in a programme of personal staff development, staff conferences and appraisal systems, appropriate to both individual and College needs.
- To support the ethos of Harrow College, its marketing and recruitment activities.
- To maintain the highest standards in accordance with policies of the Corporation.
- To participate in Open Evening, Parent/Learner Consultation Evenings and other College events.
- To use Information and Learning Technology where appropriate and demonstrate a commitment to development of own skills.
- To support and implement the College’s Equality and Diversity Policy to support the College’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young adults and vulnerable adults.
The person & qualifications
- Must have relevant qualification/experience in Art – Design & Craft L1 – L3.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.