We at Protocol are working with an established FE college group in the Gloucesterhsire area to recruit for a Computing Lecturer on a full-time permanent basis.
This college provide an empowering, values-based environment where everyone plays a part in inspiring a future generation, working towards an inspirational vision. They are passionate about learning and pride ourselves in developing our staff; they will support you both professionally and personally to develop all the skills necessary to make this your next success.
This college value mutual respect and believe that trust, respect and civility bring out the best in people. They also work collaboratively utilising the different knowledge, skills and experiences each member of staff possesses; they strive to create an environment where everyone can give of their best.
- Deliver BTEC Levels 1 to 5.
Provide learning and assessment activities, which meet curriculum requirements and the aims and needs of all the learners.
- Plan and use a range of effective and appropriate teaching and learning techniques to engage and motivate learners and encourage independence and learner autonomy.
- Select and develop a range of effective resources, including appropriate use of new and emerging technologies ensuring they are inclusive, promote equality and engage with diversity.
- Establish a purposeful and motivating learning environment where learners feel safe, secure, confident and valued.
- Devise, select, use and appraise assessment tools, including where appropriate, those which use new and emerging technologies.
- Develop, establish and promote peer and self-assessment as a tool for learning and progression.
- Design and apply appropriate methods of assessment fairly and effectively.
- Apply appropriate assessment methods to produce valid, reliable and sufficient evidence.
- Collaborate with others, as appropriate, to promote equality and consistency in assessment processes, participating fully in internal and external verification.
The person & qualifications
- Experience of teaching BTEC relevant subject at different levels.
- Knowledge of own specialist area is current and appropriate to the teaching context.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant subject.
- PGCE, DTTLS or Certificate in Education (or willingness to complete).
- Motivate and inspire young people to want to achieve their individual learning aims and qualifications.
- Manage and handle conflict and challenging behaviour as it arises both inside and outside the classroom.
- Excellent team player with good communication skills, including written, oral and non-verbal communication.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately using different forms of language and media, including new and emerging technologies.
- To manage own time effectively by planning and prioritising own work load and reacting positively to changes as they occur.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.