We at Protocol are working with an established college in the North London area. The Facilities department is seeking a temporary Caretaker to join their team on a full-time ongoing basis until at least September. You will assist with the day to day maintenance and facility procedures at the college at the main site, this post is starting as soon as possible.
- Weekly bell test and log in fire log book.
- Weekly visual inspection of Fire extinguishers and log in fire log book.
- Monthly visual inspection of Fire doors and log in fire log book.
- Weekly visual inspection of Emergency Lighting and log in online log and once all buildings completed in a month, log in fire log book.
- Weekly inspection of fire escape routes and log in fire log book. Clear if any blockage.
- Weekly flushing and log in online log.
- PAT according to schedule.
- General maintenance suck as plumbing, carpentry and DIY.
- Weekly inspection of plant rooms and log on to online log.
- Any other duties that can be tackled that come on the helpdesk.
- Clear grounds and litter pick.
- Open/ lock doors.
- Deliver and collect deliveries.
- Sort internal/ external post.
- Set up and set down furniture.
- Move furniture and goods.
- Paper delivery/ Filling paper up in printers.
- Collecting recycling, archives and confidential waste.
The person & qualifications
- Must hold an Enhanced DBS
- Have previous experience in a caretaking capacity
- Be available on a full-time basis
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.