We are proud to present this exciting new opportunity for a Electrical Installation Lecturer based in Surrey. This role would suit an enthusiastic lecturer with a strong electrical installation background. The candidate will act as a tutor to learners, working closely with the Head of Department and the construction team within the college, sharing knowledge/ skills and promoting participation and development. The college focuses mainly on vocational qualifications and promoting personal development and the successful candidate may be appointed as Course Leader for at least one of the colleges Electrical Installation programmes.
The role is working Full time (37 hours per week) or Part time (flexible)
- To plan learning programmes for groups of students and to guide them through the learning process (target setting, action planning, review, progression).
- To deliver learning and plan and undertake assessment on an agreed range of programmes, using an appropriate range of learning methods and activities, including new technologies. In this role there is a requirement to prepare appropriate essential documents including:
– assessment plans
– schemes of work
– lesson plans
– teaching & learning materials
– Individual Learning Plans
- To act as a personal tutor
- To promote high attendance to College targets & follow up non-attenders as directed by Head of Department or Programme Manager
- To maintain accurate records of students’ retention, achievement and attendance using e-registers, and provide reports on student progress as required, using electronic ILPs
- To participate in team meetings and contribute to planning, development and review activities, including course review, self-assessment and other College QI procedures.
- To undertake data checks as directed by Head of Department
- To provide outstanding learning experience to students, maximising and showcasing of the use of ILT
- To act as Course/Subject Leader if required.
- To act as Internal Verifier if required.
- For students requiring Additional Learning Support, to devise/update Individual Learning Plans, including (where appropriate) identifying learning activities to be carried out by a Learning Support Assistant; and to make arrangements with the LSA for continual monitoring of progress and up-dating of the Individual Learning Plans.
- To contribute to Open Evenings, parents’ evenings and similar events as required.
- To contribute to the process of student recruitment and enrolment in conjunction with the Client Services Team, following completion of appropriate training in advice and guidance.
- To work co-operatively with staff and teams in other areas of the college in order to ensure an effective service to students.
- To promote Equality & Diversity and Safeguarding in teaching and learning
The Person & Qualifications
- A full teaching qualification or currently working towards one
- At least a Level 3 qualification within Electrical Installation
- Relevant industry experience or qualifications
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate students
- Assessing qualification desirable
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.