We at Protocol are partnered with an established FE college in the South London area who facilitate over 21,000 learners on both BTEC Nationals and A Level courses
We are recruiting a Contracts and Special Projects Manager to work for the next two months as a key member of the Group’s Business Services team. You will develop a bank of relationships with partner organisations to enable quick turnaround on bid submissions that achieve a likely outcome. As well as liaising with organisations to meet college targets you will have specific responsibility for audit and compliance processes for the Group’s subcontracted provision and special projects where these are managed through the Business Development team at the college.
- To propose and manage the subcontracts including the quality, provision, monitoring and contract management of them.
- To have extensive knowledge and understanding of the contractual requirements of subcontracting, including due diligence, partners SLA’s and contracts, partners’ delivery schedules and quality arrangements for subcontracts commissioned and managed by the Business Development team on behalf of the Group.
- To manage special projects, including the successful delivery and quality assurance of all outputs for the Group’s ESF/SFA funded projects: closing down the LLDD 16-24 NEET’s projects in both Central and South London and the Careers Cluster project.
- To take on the ESF/GLA NEET and LLDD projects, managing the additional staffing required and liaising with the internal staff supporting delivery, should the Group be successful in winning these.
- To have extensive knowledge and understanding of contractual and funding requirements of ESF/GLA/ESFA and other special projects commissioned and managed by the Business Development team on behalf of the Group.
- Work closely with colleagues in other areas of the Group in the overall management of subcontracted partners/special projects partners helping solve issues of performance, liaison etc.
- Assist in the development and management of subcontracted provision and special projects including helping to set up systems, processes and paperwork to meet funding contractor and other requirements
- To create ‘Action Plans’ for any under performance and monitor weekly.
- To undertake ‘troubleshooting’ activities, including conflict resolution, and be proactive in providing solutions to issues that arise – in liaison with the Group Head of Business Development and the VPE&CE.
- To manage the process of due diligence and that of invoicing for subcontracted partners and special project partners commissioned by the BD team.
- To prepare contract variations and/or a business case to request growth (for approval) following performance reviews.
- To keep up-to-date with QA initiatives and to develop and meet service standards for the area of work.
- To participate in the Professional Development Programme and undertake training as required including all relevant areas of technology.
- To propose any ideas which may help to promote and extend the Group’s reputation and efficient running of the Group.
- To work safely, consider the safety of others and work within the guidelines stated in the Group Health and Safety Policy
- To manage and report on budgets for subcontracted partners and special projects.
- Support the work of the Group in meeting its targets, including general business support, attending meetings and events as required.
- To manage the audit process for BC subcontracted activity making sure learner files, registrations, in learning lists sample checks and other learner documentation is maintained in an audit ready state. To manage quality interventions
- To develop a bank of relationships with partner organisations to enable quick turnaround on bid submissions that achieve a likely outcome.
- The ability to liaise with organisations across London to meet their agreed targets.
- To have specific responsibility for audit and compliance processes for the Group’s subcontracted provision and special projects where these are managed through the Business Development team.
The person & qualifications
- Strong experience of working with subcontracted partners and arrangements (preferably in the skills sector)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of ESF Project Management (preferably in the skills sector)
- Successful and proven track record of managing partnerships to achieve successful outcomes
- Able to interpret numerical and written information accurately
- Able to work effectively under pressure and to adhere to strict deadlines.
- A proven track record of working and communicating as part of a team to achieve goals set
- Able to identify and implement improvement in existing systems.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels both orally and in writing
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.