We are delighted to be working with an education provider to appoint their next Director of Business and Community Development on a 3 months fixed term basis.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Vice Principal of Curriculum and Quality. You will be responsible for the provision excellent standards and quality of service to business clients, the community and other stakeholders.
- To work effectively within the Senior Management Team to ensure the strategic aims and objectives of the College are achieved;
- To work closely with the Principal and other members of the Senior Management team to consistently improve the provision, facilities and services on offer to students and prospective students in order to increase student numbers and thereby support future growth of the College;
- To be responsible for the continuous development of working links and partnerships with employers, industry, the community and other external organisations through the building of long term working relationships, and collaboration as appropriate, towards the successful provision of relevant services;
- To proactively seek out and develop income generating opportunities through the promotion of existing products and the development of new products to meet identified demand working with external agencies and funding partners to maximise income and ensure successful delivery of projects to further enhance the reputation of Craven College with business clients, the community and other stakeholders;
- To lead on the College’s work within the community to identify needs and gaps in provision and to satisfy those needs by working with community groups and other partners and relevant staff to provide innovative and cost effective solutions;
The person & qualifications
- Qualified to degree level and/ or possess relevant professional qualifications
- Experience of working at strategic level and managing staff to achieve objectives and targets;
- Relevant business and or community experience at a strategic level;
- Ability to function as part of a team;
- Knowledge of current developments in FE, HE and the industrial training environment including NVQs and distance/e-learning;
- Willingness to work flexibly to meet the changing needs of the College.
For a full job description, an informal conversation or to apply please contact Emily on 0115 911 1123 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.