Recognised as one of the best college groups in the country – both in educational excellence and as an employer, our client predominantly based in Bedfordshire but has campuses across Northamptonshire. They offer courses at all levels from entry level to higher education. With around 14,741 students and 983 staff members, each campus’ atmosphere is always busy and vibrant. Our client has a strong focus on their students and seeks to achieve a high-quality learning experience for each and every one of them. Graded ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ features, an impressive 71% of students go on to study towards a full-time degree level programme and 16% are in full time employment.
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity to join them on a permanent basis as an A-Level Business Lecturer starting in September.
- To help students develop their skills and reach their maximum potential through the delivery of courses and contributing to the development of Sixth Form curriculum and student experience.
- To undertake an agreed teaching commitment that develops students’ knowledge, skills and understanding.
- To enthuse, engage and motivate students to learn and foster their curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- To plan, prepare and deliver a range of lessons maintaining a high quality learning environment.
- To provide timely assessments, appropriate feedback and recording of students’ progress, development and attainment in order that students understand how to improve their learning.
The person & qualifications
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Certificate in Education or equivalent in line with the Statutory Instrument
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Current or recent experience of teaching A Level Business
- Ability to teach a second subject area at A level / Level 3
- Experience of teaching in a Sixth Form or FE College environment with students 16 – 18 year olds
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.