We at Protocol are partnered with an established FE college group in the South London area to recruit for an SpLD Lecturer. This college are seeking an experienced professional within Dyslexia and Specific Learning Difficulties to join a warm and friendly team on a full-time ongoing basis. The post holder will be required to assess and teach learners who have a wide range of specific learning difficulties to meet the Group’s Strategic and Operational objectives.
- Advise curriculum teams and support staff on how to support learners with specific learning difficulties in the classroom
- Continually update and improve professional knowledge, including in relation to relevant legislation and funding
- Assess and support learners to provide a rich and stretching learning experience for learners and initiate improvements in learner recruitment, retention, achievement and progression. This may include whole group, small group and 1:1 teaching,
- Use a range of teaching and learning strategies appropriate to the needs of the learners, and regularly review and adapt teaching materials in response to both internal and external factors such as learner feedback and new research.
- Teaching according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students and groups of students
- Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers
- Promoting Equality and Diversity
- To keep up-to-date with QA initiatives and to develop and meet service standards for the area of work.
- To participate in the Professional Development Programme and undertake training as required including all relevant areas of technology.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Complete all planning and preparation for lessons
- Keeping accurate records of individual learners’ progress and future needs
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development
- Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
- Adhere to all in house policies including Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity
The person & qualifications
- Hold a level 7 qualification in SpLd/Dyslexia
- A good working knowledge of the Children and Families Act 2014 and especially the EHCP process
- Commitment to the provision of a quality service and the implementation of quality improvements
- Have experience of access arrangements and Form 8’s
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.