Protocol are delighted to be working in association with DN Colleges Recruitment to recruit for a major education provider based in South Yorkshire. Every year they inspire thousands of students to develop skills that will help them to reach their full potential by offering a wide range of courses across; further education, adult education, higher education, professional and technical qualifications, and apprenticeships.
Our client now has an exciting opportunity for you to join them on a temporary to potentially permanent basis as a full-time Electrical Installation Lecturer.
Competitive salary – please state salary expectations on your application.
You will be responsible for the delivery of effective teaching and learning across the Electrical Installation programme Levels 1 – 3. You will also be responsible for undertaking curriculum development, including the development of specific subject areas, preparation of learning materials and marking of student assignments, ensuring that learning and teaching goals are attained and achievement is appropriately recorded.
- To contribute to the management of learning programmes including quality assurance through the use of appropriate assessment methods to inform planning, student guidance and counselling, coaching, mentoring and student administration.
- To work flexibly in order to meet the requirements of the post and the College.
- To recruit and select full-time and part-time students onto relevant programmes and meet enrolment targets.
- To manage the classroom environment and teach and assess students as required, ensuring that all learners receive the support they require to meet their individual learning needs.
The person & qualifications
The successful applicant will ideally be a motivated and experienced practitioner and will be able to deliver on a range of electrical installation courses and undertake course leadership duties as required. You must have experience of working within the electrical installation industry and hold qualifications relevant to this profession, with a minimum of Level 3 technical and NVQ qualification. HNC/D or above would be advantageous. You will be enthusiastic and fully committed to working with young people. You will also have excellent communication skills and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
You will ideally be a qualified teacher, however if you do not currently hold a Teaching Qualification you will be willing to work towards one and have substantial industry knowledge and experience in this curriculum area.
- Hold Level 3 Electrical Installation qualification.
- Hold a Teaching Qualification, or be willing to work towards one.
- Have relevant subject expertise which will assist with the further enhancement of the quality of taught programmes.
- A DBS Certificate that is on the update service, or be willing to apply for one
We are looking to interview immediately. If you are interested in working at this fantastic college and are available for interview, please apply with your CV and daytime contact number.
If this is not quite right for you, please get in touch today to hear about the array of opportunities Protocol Excellence in FE has throughout the UK.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.