Protocol are delighted to be working in association with DN Colleges Recruitment to recruit for a major education provider based in North Lincolnshire. Every year they inspire thousands of students to develop skills that will help them to reach their full potential by offering a wide range of courses across; further education, adult education, higher education, professional and technical qualifications, and apprenticeships.
Our client now has an exciting opportunity for you to join them on a temporary to potentially permanent basis as a full-time Trainer / Assessor in Plumbing. The permanent salary will be £25,743 – £30,750 and the hourly pay will be equivalent to this.
You will be responsible for the training/assessment across Plumbing and Heating apprenticeships. The successful candidate should hold a Level 3 Plumbing and Heating qualification and have experience of Gas Installations. The role will require delivery of underpinning knowledge during day release college attendance and onsite reviews and observations. For this reason teaching or assessing experience is essential.
- To engage with employers as required. This may involve marketing activities such as business development including developing relationships with employers, promoting our training and development offer, and helping employers decide what provision meets their needs to maximise opportunities for referrals to our provision and opportunities for students/learners including placements and progression.
- To provide appropriate pre and on-course guidance to support learners through to successful completion (and potential progression). This may include completing interviews and ensuring appropriate placement onto programmes.
- To undertake all necessary planning, preparation and assessment to ensure effective and efficient teaching delivery, adhering to College policies and procedures, funding requirements and external body requirements.
- To ensure learners are enrolled, managed, supported and learning programmes organised in line with College, employer, funding and awarding body requirement.
- To undertake reviews, assessment and verification tasks as required for subjects at levels appropriate to your qualifications and experience to enable the timely completion and claiming of achievements in line with College, awarding bodies and funding requirements.
The person & qualifications
- Hold Level 3 Plumbing & Heating and have experience with Gas Installations.
- Assessing Award is essential
- V1 Award is desirable
- Have relevant subject expertise which will assist with the further enhancement of the quality of taught programmes.
- A DBS Certificate that is on the update service, or be willing to apply for one
We are looking to interview immediately. If you are interested in working at this fantastic college and are available for interview, please apply with your CV and daytime contact number.
If this is not quite right for you, please get in touch today to hear about the array of opportunities Protocol Excellence in FE has throughout the UK.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.