We at Protocol are working with an established Apprenticeship provider in the East London area to recruit a Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship Trainer to join their team on a part-time basis for the next six months. You will hold a strong Python programming background and strive to deliver high-quality learning across your entire caseload. You will lead, develop and deliver high quality data analyst and Python curriculum to apprentices through classroom, online training sessions and coaching in the work place.
- Effectively train and coach apprentices through the level 4 data analyst programme so that they develop the understanding, skills, knowledge, behaviours and technical competencies required to be successful in their working role.
- Provide, deliver and record highly effective off the job training (with a focus on Python programming language) that supports apprentices understanding, and knowledge to enable them to progress and achieve.
- Provide high quality and effective coaching in the work place that enables apprentices to meet all the requirements of the standard, through effective target setting and review.
- Deliver high quality ICT curriculum including vendor qualifications such as EMC: data science associate and Python programming.
- Develop high quality learning resources, to include schemes of work and sessions plans for use in the workplace, on line and or classroom.
- Accurately track and monitor the progress of each apprentice against all aspects of their apprenticeship using an on line portfolio tool.
- Provide high quality induction processes that enable each apprentice to have a comprehensive understanding of their apprenticeship programme, prevent, safeguarding, health and safety and equality and diversity.
- Develop and record effective and high quality individual learning plans that clearly outline key targets and how understanding, competencies, skills and behaviours will be covered and achieved.
- Use and record progress reviews effectively, to ensure apprentices are on track and employers are well aware of the progress being made.
- Ensure all work and assignments give apprentices the opportunities to reach the highest grades and that work submitted is marked in the expected time frames and gives incisive and constructive feedback so apprentices are very clear on the areas they need to improve.
- Liaise with the Intervention Trainer to ensure that apprentices with extra support requirements have timely access to them.
- Liaise with the Functional Skills Trainer to ensure that apprentices are on track to achieve maths, English and ICT (where applicable).
- Effectively promote and contribute to creating a culture of safeguarding within DSS.
- Work with the relevant account manager to inform any concerns with the apprentice or the employer that could put progress being made at risk
- Give guidance and support to apprentices in gathering evidence for their Portfolio.
- Effectively guide and support apprentices in completing their Synoptic Projects
- Support the end point assessment (EPA) through confirmation of the apprentice’s readiness for Gateway.
- To contribute to the overall DSS and apprenticeship quality improvement plans and key performance indicators
The person & qualifications
- Extensive experience in the IT industry
- A background in education/training and or a qualified assessor or trainer
- Degree in Data Science or Data Analytics, Programming or Computer Science
- EMC Data Science Associate or any other relevant qualifications
- Level 2 English and Maths
- A minimum level 3 teaching qualification
- Assessing, Coaching Qualification (CAVA)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.