Protocol are working with one of London’s top Further Education colleges with it’s centre based in East London. With a turnover of £76m, 20,000 students and 1400 staff it is one of the most strongest and most influential further education organisations in the country. With industry standard facilities and equipment at all campuses, expert staff and partnerships with other high profile organisations which all prepare students for progression to higher education or successful careers.
Based in East London, with a dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial atmosphere. The College continues to ensure that they invest in their staff and other resources to provide a distinctive offer and excellent, supportive learning environment which meets the needs of students and employers and prepares local people for the changing workforce of the area.
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity to join them on a permanent basis as a SpLD Assessment Support Coordinator
- Enable students to participate fully in their courses by providing screening, diagnosis and ongoing academic support.
- As well as teaching one-to one and small group sessions, you’ll work with academic staff to promote awareness and improve practice.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and development of a user-led service for learners with SpLD.
- Task manage a team of specialist tutors across the college and be responsible for organising and delivering training to staff.
The person & qualifications
- The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, innovative and have experience of assessing, teaching and supporting SpLD students across the college.
- As a member of the Additional Learning Support Team you will be responsible for assessing, supporting and teaching students with a range of Additional Learning Needs.
- You will have a level 7 SpLD qualification and current Assessment Practicing Certificate (APC); ideally you will also have a teaching certificate
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.