We are delighted to be working with an education provided based in London to appoint their next Procurement Manager.
Reporting to the Purchasing and Payments Manager, the Procurement Manager will provide a central procurement service to the college, ensuring proper standards of probity and value for money.
- To work with the Purchasing and Payments Manager to review current college procurement systems and consider and make recommendations for the future strategic development of the service.
- To be accountable for ensuring all procurement action carried out by the college conforms to the college financial regulations and ensuring adherence to delegated financial authorities.
- To inform and advise managers and other college staff as required on procurement policies and procedures.
- To define, implement and review a procurement strategy.
- To define and implement the supplier due diligence, contract management and supplies relationship management methodologies.
- To proactively support internal stakeholders to manage existing and new supplier relationships.
The person & qualifications
- Hold Chartered Institute of Purchasing Supply qualifications, or to be qualified by experience.
- The ability to work to timetables, priorities key deliverables and ensure delivery to set deadlines.
- Excellent communication, Excel and Word skills.
- Experience of working as a member of a team and evidence of the ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- An understanding of and commitment to Equality and Diversity and safeguarding and practical ideas for the implementation in this post.
- Experience of working with the Further Education sector (desirable).
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.