We are working with an ambitious charity that helps people facing adversity to find jobs, homes and the right support they need. Central to their ethos is the belief that people with first-hand experience of successfully overcoming issues such as an offending background, homelessness, addictions and gang involvement, hold the key to positive change in others.
We are looking for a Community Support Worker to join their ‘Working Out Project’ based in Ipswich. You will provide a high level of service, supporting people in up-skilling to enhance their employability prospects and to source and sustain suitable accommodation.
This is a fixed term contract until March 2020.
As Community Support Worker you will work with and support volunteer Peer Advisors on a daily basis, contribute to the establishment of a positive and motivating project, prepare and support ex-offender clients to:
- Secure and maintain employment – both paid and voluntary,
- Engage with employers to open up such opportunities
- Advocate on behalf of clients with regarding their accommodation
- Source suitable and sustainable accommodation.
The person & qualifications
- Experience of working with socially excluded, vulnerable young people and adults with their housing and ETE needs
- Experience of working with Peer Advisors/volunteers
- Experience of working with online database systems
- Strong IT skills including proven experience of using Word, Excel, and Outlook in a similar work environment
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with a range of key agencies, housing providers, mental health teams, drug and alcohol teams and other specialist services
- An understanding of issues facing individuals who have multiple and complex needs whilst in prison and on release
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.