We at Protocol are working with an established education group who stand firmly at the forefront of the apprenticeships provision within Further Education. In particular this establishment are seeking two experienced Engineering Maintenance Assessors to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
This post will be focusing within the Engineering technician provision on the New Standards across the Thames Valley area as well as being home-based. You will have a large caseload of learners located across the vicinity the successful candidate will therefore need to have exceptional organisational, communication and time-management skills.
If you enjoy working with young learners to support both pastorally, academically and make a difference in students lives, we want to hear from you.
As a permanent member of staff you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Teachers’ pension and Local Government pension schemes
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Travel subsidies – bus and train
- Cycle scheme saving you money when commuting by bike
- Onsite parking (limited)
- Coaching and mentoring programmes and CPD (Continuing Professional Development) sessions are available
- A variety of contract types and working patterns
- Access to training and courses for extra qualifications
- Managing own caseload of learners on a regular basis
- Use of Smart Assessor
- Attending meetings with other professionals and team members
- Full training and assessment on the NVQ Level 3 Engineering maintenance course
- Create accurate reports
- Be able to clearly explain complex topics
The person & qualifications
- Hold a minimum level 3 qualification in Engineering Maintenance or a related subject area
- Hold an assessing qualification
- Hold an IQA qualification (desirable)
- Occupational competence
- Hold previous experience of assessing apprentices within the Engineering Technician provision
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.