Protocol are delighted to be working on behalf of a leading training provider based in South Yorkshire in order to recruit for a Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics Tutor on a permanent, full time position. As a Tutor you will be part of the Training Centre Team and you will help the Training Centre to achieve its aims by providing the knowledge and theoretical skills that manufacturing companies need to compete globally, through apprenticeships and higher-level skills training. Our clients cutting-edge Training Centre is an amazing place, with state of the art machinery and technology, teaching rooms and learning areas. We offer advanced technical training programmes and apprenticeships from advanced to post graduate levels. We work closely with global giants such as Boeing, Rolls-Royce and Toyota as well as local small and medium sized businesses.
- To formally teach engineering subjects, including engineering mathematics and mechanical principles, employing a variety of active learning strategies.
- To contribute to the review, planning and development of the curriculum.
- To contribute to the development of new courses, curricula and/or methods of delivery.
- To produce and develop schemes of work, lesson plans and develop new teaching and learning materials.
- To promote highly effective relationships with learners to foster learning
- To contribute to the development of strategies to improve student retention, attendance, achievement, success rates and value added for named courses/cohorts of students.
The person & qualifications
- Minimum Level 3 teaching qualification
- Level 4 qualification in Engineering
- Level 5 Teaching qualification or be prepared to undertake
- Experience of delivering engineering mathematics and mechanical principles to engineering learners
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.