Protocol are working with one of the largest education providers in the South East and the seventh largest in the country. Established in 2018, our client is a family of five colleges and three business units that operate across the whole of East Kent. With more than 12,000 students and more than 1,300 staff, the group delivers a range of educational provisions, from technical and vocational courses, right through to professional business training. Their sense of community spirit is showcased in the collaborative work they do across East Kent, with a wide range of stakeholder partnerships, and a youth social action programme which has resulted in students developing strong bonds in the local community. A fantastic place to work, with an employer satisfaction score of 96.8 out of 100 – why not join their team today?
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity to join them on a temporary basis as a Finance Assistant starting immediately.
- To assist with the processing and checking of purchase orders on the College financial management system, ensuring value for money on College expenditure
- To daily monitor the not yet authorised list of orders raised and liaise with originators and authorised signatories to progress orders.
- To assist with the sourcing of goods and services including obtaining quotations.
- To provide administrative support for the Procurement function and carry out other reasonable tasks requested by the line manager including assisting during College enrolment periods
- To purchase goods/services using the college purchasing card in accordance with procedures and the college financial regulations.
- To check and sign off purchasing card statements and receipts returned by cardholders on a monthly basis and file.
- To update the college electronic contracts register
- To log and book in goods ordered using college procurement cards issued to the procurement team
- To provide administrative support for Purchase Ledger registering invoices, reconciling supplier statements and other support as required.
The person & qualifications
- GCSE grade C or above in both Maths & English
- Office/admin experience, ideally in a finance office environment, excellent customer service and accurate attention to detail.
- Must have an enhanced DBS on the update service or within 12 months (or be willing to apply for one)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.