We are working with a large Further Education College based in Essex to recruit within their new Alternative Education Provision department. The College are seeking to recruit a Senior Key Worker on a full-time basis who will work with young people with complex behavioural needs, SEND, mental health, social and/or emotional needs and line manage the team of Key Workers.
The College delivers education, training, employment and work-based learning solutions to thousands of organisations and learners. The focus is on meeting national and regional education, skills and employability needs for individuals and employers in the area. The successful candidate will have knowledge of SEN and social/emotional behavioural needs, experience working with challenging young people, experience of safeguarding and child protection and experience of liaising with external agencies.
- Provide individual support with life skills, education and needs based sessions that encourage young people to harness their potential and ultimately transition to mainstream education or training.
- Take the lead in liaising with both external support agencies and internal departments in order to collate information relating to applicants/learners with additional needs from a range of sources, including schools, Child and Adolescent Services etc, to ensure strategies for supporting learners can be put in place.
- Manage individuals with a range of skills, abilities and support needs ensuring effective flexible support is provided that allows participants to successfully progress into and sustain education.
The person & qualifications
- Have a positive attitude around change and challenge and are committed to finding the best solution for families regardless of the barriers.
- We are looking for colleagues committed to family working and making a difference in the lives of children and young people.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.