Protocol are delighted to be working on behalf of a leading Training Provider within the Science sector in order to recruit for a permanent, full time Lab Science Tutor who will work on national basis. The core responsibility will be to plan and deliver effective teaching, learning & assessment that includes theory and competence, to a range of employed, individual or groups of apprentices, in the workplace.
- Operate within CST to ensure consistency and compliance to internal and external policy, procedure, guidelines and requirements
- Carry out initial and on-going advice and guidance to ensure learners are on the right programme and receiving the right level of support, making referrals for additional support Internal Quality Assurance Framework where required.
- Complete induction sessions with learners and employers that includes all compliance documentation.
- Provide CST with timely compliant documentation to meet Education Skills Funding Agency requirements
- Deliver high quality, engaging teaching, learning and assessment to encourage retention and timely achievement, this includes developing schemes of work, lesson plans, coursework development and individual learning plans taking account of individual requirements to ensure differentiation of learning across all standards.
- Delivery of good/outstanding teaching, learning and assessment
The person & qualifications
- Occupationally relevant qualification at level 4 or above (essential)
- Assessor qualification (TAQA/A Units) (desirable)
- Internal Quality Assurance qualification (V Units- desirable)
- Willingness to travel nationwide and work independently
- Teaching qualification (essential)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.