Protocol are working with a national training provider linked with life science and industrial science. They are currently looking for an enthusiastic and self motivated individual to work nationally as a Science Manufacturing Tutor.
- Carry out effective inductions with IAG to ensure learners are on the right programme and receiving the right level of support in line with policies and processes
Ensure consistency and compliance to internal and external policy, procedure, guidelines and requirements
- Actively comply and utilise the learner tracking system (OneFile) to ensure learner progress and employer / learner reviews are undertaken to show impact and quality of learning monthly & quarterly respectively
- Deliver high quality, engaging teaching, learning and assessment to encourage retention and timely achievement, this includes developing training plans / schemes of work, lesson plans, coursework development and individual learning plans taking account of individual requirements to ensure differentiation of learning across all standards and to continuously evaluate with an effective teaching cycle to continuously strive for improvement.
- Adopt and implement effective use of new technologies including development of learning materials and use of webinars/skype etc to meet market demands and enhance the learning experience
- Record assessment decisions fully and contemporaneously and ensure the prompt and managed completion of IQA actions to enable time success
- Prepare learners for end point assessment in line with policies and procedures
Mentor and support tutors to standardise and maintain quality assessment and delivery practices with in appropriate subject sectors.
The person & qualifications
- Occupationally relevant qualification ideally level 4 or above
- Assessor qualification (TAQA/A Units)
- Functional skills level 2 English and Maths or equivalent
- Experience of delivering competence and knowledge based qualifications in FE
- Understanding of Apprenticeship Standards
- Continuous Professional Development
- Understanding of Quality Standards ie Ofsted Common Inspection Framework, Matrix
- Experience of electronic learner tracking and monitoring systems eg Maytas E track, one file
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.