Protocol are working with a Specialist Vocational College for Beauty, Retail, Holistic and related sectors in London. With over 3,000 students passing through each year the college has now expanded to offer a wide range of employability training and apprenticeships on top of their successful education and training department.
The college are looking for a Student Support & Progression Officer who will be responsible for students within the Learning Support Department. The role is full-time and permanent, starting November/December time.
- To assist learners to aid their learning, support attendance, retention, progression and achievement
- To support learners and staff strategies for a variety of additional learning needs including Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, ASD, ADHD and ESOL
- To support the work of the E&T Team to develop and deliver individual and group sessions relating to learner support and the development of learning strategies
- To assist teaching staff and learners in adapting learning materials and using learning support resources and accessible technologies, including work processing of notes where necessary and aid legibility and clarity
- Support the delivery of staff training regarding ALS and Welfare concerns , ensure teaching staff and appropriate others are appraised of relevant issues respecting learner confidentiality at all times
- Act as a designated Safeguarding person and follow safeguarding policy and procedures
The person & qualifications
- Experience of working with young people in both 1:1 and group settings
- Experience of dealing with a variety of confidential issues relating to supporting young people and people from a variety of backgrounds
- Experience of working in a Learning Support role with people with Learning disabilities and special needs and at risk of disengaging in education
- Must hold Maths & English at Level 2 or equivalent
- Learning support qualification at Level 2 or equivalent or be willing to work towards within a year of post
- Child protection/Safeguarding training, willingness to work towards
- Coaching, mentoring or counselling qualification
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.