Protocol are currently recruiting for an Art & Design Lecturer with specific experience in Digital Art & Design to join a long-standing and historical college in the South West London area! Having been around for over 100 years, the college is looking for the right candidate to join them on a temporary, ongoing basis to start ASAP. This is a 0.8 fractional contract paid at a rate of £19.50 – £23 per hour + holiday pay. Sound good? Let us know by hitting APPLY!
- Plan and prepare assignments and projects, deliver teaching and conduct tutorials and assessments for students within the School. Teaching up to 864 hours per annum (pro rata).
- Create and implement innovative teaching, learning and assessment. As well as effective learning support material, methods and applications.
- Undertake induction and sets smart targets for attendance and punctuality ensuring student attendance, retention and progress on courses. Taking responsibility for the achievement and success data of the course.
- Actively contribute to the school community, identifying opportunities for employment and skills focused study for learners.
- Undertake as required the necessary administrative duties, for example the examinations process, and all other aspects of Quality Assurance including assessment of student work, undertaking progress reviews and maintaining student records, Internal Verification and Assessment Boards.
The person & qualifications
- Experience teaching Art & Design up to level 3
- Experience in digital design, print, fine art, drawing, photoshop, illustrator
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification
- Hold a relevant degree in Art & Design
- Have a DBS dated in the last 12 months, or on the update service
- Successful recent experience of teaching or training learners to develop essential skills in digital design.
- Successful record of tutoring and supporting 16-18 year olds and/or adult learners.
- Successful record of setting and implementing target setting, monitoring and reviewing learner progress.
- Strong evidence of teaching, learning, assessment and tracking
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.