We at Protocol are working with a specialist Training Provider in the East London area to recruit a vastly experienced GCSE English professional on a full-time permanent basis.
This company offer industry specific apprenticeships to students aged 16 to 24 years old. With a wealth of industry links and great facilities this is the ideal setting for young aspiring artists and professionals. This establishment pride themselves in investing in their learners both pastorally and academically throughout their academic learning journey.
- The ability to work in a way that promotes the well being of children and young people
- Outstanding approach to curriculum delivery using varied, trusted and emerging methods of learning in
English, including the ability to contextualise the English to the learners vocational course
- Plan and deliver exciting lessons that support learner retention, achievement and progression
- Model and encourage the highest standards from team and learners
- Track progress of learners and initiate support plans
- Contribute to learner one to one tutorials and individual learning plans
- Attend team meetings with colleagues using KPI data to track learner progress
- Work with parents and carers to support students and attend interview and parent’s evenings
- Ensure feedback and marking is completed in accordance of the department guidelines and supports
- Demonstrate experience of teaching English GCSE and functional skills in post-16 and adult learning
environments with proven results at national benchmark or above
- The ability to use ICT confidently and effectively within the classroom setting and to be able to use
software required for MIS
- Prepare learners for exams, administer qualifications and exams
The person & qualifications
- Experience of the Edexcel 9-1 GCSE curriculum
- Experience of working in the creative industries using an entrepreneurial approach (not essential)
- Extremely organised and able to manage own work load effectively and flexibly
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed in a competitive and rewarding environment
- Outstanding teaching and communication skills and experience of good / outstanding Ofsted
- Positive, solution focused and proactive when managing and responding to data
- Assertive and self-confident in management of the learning environment
- Kind, empathic and supportive but challenging when needed
- Committed and willing to “go the extra mile” to meet targets
- Ambitious – will not settle for less than outstanding standards of work and behaviour
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.