Protocol are working with a leading FE College based in the West London area. It is a very well-established College graded as “Outstanding” by Ofsted. The College’s students are at the heart of what they do, and their priority is to prepare all their learners for the future. The excellent staff and facilities ensure that they provide a well-rounded learning experience to students to help them reach their full potential. Last year the over 800 students from the A-Level and Vocational Courses went on to study at top universities.
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity to join them on a permanent basis as a GCSE and Functional Skills English Lecturer starting as soon as possible
- Planning and delivering English courses up to level GCSE level
- Teaching 36 hours per week
- Recruitment of Students
- Participate in open evenings and recruitment activities to ensure that potential applicants and students receive accurate information and guidance.
- Complete and contribute to the production of accurate information and fact sheets.
- Interview potential applicants and contribute to the College’s interviewing schedules.
- Contribute to the development, promotion and delivery of the team’s marketing and recruitment strategies. Induction and Support for Students
- Carry out student inductions and contribute to the design of induction programmes.
- Produce course handbooks.
- Carry out academic progress reviews, including the completion of necessary documents.
- Where appropriate liaise with the College’s Attendance Co-ordinators to ensure the attendance, retention and achievement of students.
- Understand and keep up-to-date with student support and learning support arrangements, ensuring students have full information and making appropriate referrals.
- Where appropriate ensure that basic skills initial and diagnostic assessments, are undertaken and that students receive effective learning support.
- Motivating students to excel in their subject area
- Utilise IT and learning technology to deliver elements of the curriculum.
- Prepare assessment plans and schedules and ensure students are aware of your expectations.
- Assess students’ progress regularly including the timely marking of work and giving feedback, both written and oral.
- Work towards the integration of students’ basic skills’ development in the delivery of teaching and learning. Curriculum Management
- Attend team meetings and College events as directed by managers.
The person & qualifications
- You must have a recognised teaching qualification
- Have a minimum of a L3 in a relevant subject / degree
- Recent experience of teaching English and both GCSE and Functional Skills Level
- Must be enthusiastic and inspiring to learners
- Must have an enhanced DBS on the update service or within 12 months (or be willing to apply for one)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.