Protocol are pleased to present the opportunity for an experienced Personal Carer, Learning Support Assistant and/or Communication Support worker to join a well established further education college in Greater Manchester on a temporary on going basis.
The position will consist of up to 30 hours per week, candidates seeking fewer hours will also be considered. The college are looking to appoint for this role as soon as possible, the successful candidate will have a DBS on the update service and be available to attend a interview immediately.
You will be responsible for providing 1:1 support as well as Personal care to include (but not limited to):
• Stoma care
• PEG Feeding
• In and out classroom support for mobility or sensory impairment
• Helping learners understand instructions/specific tasks
• (Desirable) facilitate communication through alternative methods i.e. Intensive
interaction, Makaton, BSL etc.
• To support individual learners at lunch times and other free time during their
agreed College programme of study.
• To act as a befriender to encourage social skills of learners who have
difficulty in developing social contacts with peers
The person & qualifications
• (Desirable) Health and Social Care qualification
• Have previous experience of providing personal care to people ages 16 years and above who have profound and multiple learning difficulties
• Experience of working in a learning context is desirable
• Essential to have a DBS on the up date service
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.