Protocol are delighted to be working with a highly successful College in West London to recruit their next Head of Finance.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious, analytical individual with a sound financial track record and excellent communication skills. Leading the finance and payroll teams, you would work closely with senior staff across the College to ensure the achievement of the College’s financial strategy.
Reporting into the Director of Finance, the post is pivotal in providing essential financial control and analysis, enabling the College to identify new opportunities, whilst streamlining existing operations. The role requires excellent experience of all round accounting including management accounts, budgeting and costing as well as experience of managing payroll.
- To line manage the Finance department efficiently and effectively.
- To assist the Director of Finance in preparing financial plans for budget holders and to assist budget holders in the control and use of their budgets.
- To assist the Director of Finance in resource planning of the College.
- To monitor and control actual expenditure against allocated revenue and capital approvals.
- To review the viability of courses and to ensure appropriate costings and viability of courses.
- To monitor, review and report on the progress of the Apprenticeship and Commercial work to ensure income is maximised.
- To oversee payroll staff and processes.
- To produce monthly management accounts to strict deadlines.
- To assist the Director of Finance with the production of the annual report and financial statements, and returns to statutory and funding bodies.
- To ensure the security of all financial records.
- To ensure the integrity of the nominal ledger and provide monthly reconciliations of the bank and other key control accounts.
The person & qualifications
- CCAB Fully Qualified Accountant with appropriate academic qualifications.
- A higher level leadership/management qualification (desirable).
- A collaborative leader who enjoys working with teams and is able to act swiftly to address issues and concerns.
- Experience in successfully financial leadership in a College.
- Experience in delivering statutory accounts, monthly management accounts, annual budgets and financial forecasts.
- Experience of working with senior managers to develop financial strategies, strategic objectives and financial plans.
- Experience of working with external stakeholders such as bankers, auditors and funding agencies.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.