Protocol are currently working alongside a reputable college just outside of South West London who are currently looking for Learning Support Assistants to work in their ‘Outstanding’ SEND and Transition Department. The college is one of the areas largest providers of vocational training and further and Higher Education with a ‘Good’ Ofsted rating. Due to high-levels of enrolment the college are looking for Learning Support Assistants to support within their SEN department supporting young people and adults with learning difficulties and emotional/behavioural difficulties.
If you are looking for the next step in your career and are passionate about helping others, this rewarding opportunity is the right one for you!
- Provide assistance to individuals or groups in a wide range of activities that are included in the learning programme.
- Use strategies to help students with reading, writing and maths skills.
- Motivating and encouraging students to progress
- Refer students to Learning Support Lecturers and Student Services Staff as appropriate.
- Act as an advocate for students, in and out of class.
- Encourage and monitor attendance at classes.
- Supervise and support learners to access the wider college (including break and lunchtimes).
- Supervise learners during transport drop-off and collection
The person & qualifications
- Hold Level 2 Maths and English qualifications, or equivalent.
- Have recent experience of working with LDD students, be good communicators and have empathy for the learners.
- Have good literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- Good communication and empathy
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.