Protocol works with one of the largest Offender Learning providers in England to find exceptional trainers, tutors and lecturers that have the determination, patience and compassion to work with those looking for a chance to turn their lives around and gain the skills they need to build a better future for themselves.
We are looking for an Offender Resettlement Caseworker to work with HMP Wormwood Scrubs.
Working on a full time basis, you will provide a resettlement service to prisoners during their sentence and on release through robust resettlement planning, that is tailored to the offender’s needs in order to address their offending behaviour.
- Carry out an initial assessment of the potential or actual service user as soon as possible once allocated them, which should include; any risks, of his/her needs and requirements in respects of the service on offer, and make a good account of needs, detailed information.
- Motivate and engage proactively with service users to assist them to succeed in their resettlement goals
- Design and deliver an effective resettlement programme/plan with the service user, referring to specialist internal external agencies when unable to meet needs via the services own extended offer/programmes covered in new specification.
- Engage with actual and potential referral agencies including statutory and third sector agencies and where appropriate the community in order to generate referrals for programmes/activities/services as required.
To be suitable for this role, candidates must meet the following criteria;
- Experience of working with individuals with complex needs
- Be able to build relationships with offenders
- Hold or be willing to work towards a level 3 Information, Advice and Guidance qualification
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.