We are delighted to announce that we are working with one of London’s most successful Colleges, who are looking for a Engineering Technician to join then on full-time permanent basis.
The College are proud to be described as an inclusive college and have a diverse workforce that mirrors the local community. With a spectacular campus and state-of-the-art facilities, the college firmly believes that their employees are the heart of the organisation and having the right people in the right place is key to their success.
The College have an exciting opportunity for someone looking to further their career in engineering or to gain more experience and to become a crucial part of their curriculum team as an Engineering Technician.
You will be providing technical support to the lecturers and students in the Curriculum Area whilst creating and maintaining a high quality and safe environment that enhances the learning environment.
- To work with the Senior Technician or Curriculum Manager in the preparation of Risk Assessments.
- To contribute to the sub self assessment report for a Curriculum Area under the supervision of the Senior Technician or Curriculum Manager.
- To participate in stock checks when requested by Line Manager.
- To enter orders onto the College finance system if appropriate.
- To have a care for College resources and to follow established procedures in the use of materials, equipment etc.
- To record breakages and required maintenance in accordance with the College regulations.
- To work with other to ensure that equal opportunities is embedded in the delivery and practice of the curriculum area.
- To assist in the organisation and delivery of designated projects and events, internal and external, as appropriate.
- To act as an instructor/assessor/verifier or supervisor as appropriate.
- To attend College/Faculty/School and other meetings as appropriate, including regular team meetings held to monitor students’ learning experiences.
The person & qualifications
- Evidence of on-going professional development.
- Relevant industrial experience
- Practical engineering workshop experience
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Technician and administrative experience
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.