We are delighted to announce that we are working with one of London’s most successful Colleges, who are looking for a Learning Support Practitioner to join then on part-time permanent basis (21.6 hours per week).
The College are proud to be described as an inclusive college and have a diverse workforce that mirrors the local community. With a spectacular campus and state-of-the-art facilities, the college firmly believes that their employees are the heart of the organisation and having the right people in the right place is key to their success.
As a Learning Support Practitioner you will provide a high standard of support to learners with special educational needs, disabilities, learning and mental health difficulties in conjunction with Curriculum staff to ensure learners develop and achieve their goals.
- To provide Learning Support for individual learners both in classes and on a 1:1 or small group basis
- To identify the needs of learners through transition information, in-class observation, referral and assessment and to refer learners for specialist assessments of learners as appropriate.
- To devise support plans, detailing support strategies, to enable other Learning Support Staff and Lecturing Staff to understand a learners’ individual needs and how best to support them.
- To work together with teaching staff to raise awareness of additional support needs and to devise and implement strategies to develop a learner’s self-confidence promoting autonomy
- To maintain confidentiality and security of all documentation and other information pertaining to learners.
The person & qualifications
- Level 2 Maths and English, or equivalent
- Recent Training in the field of Disability/ SEND
- Experience of supporting people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Experience of supporting young people/ adults with significant barriers to learning
- Experience of using a wide range of strategies to support learners to develop their independence and to achieve their goals
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.